Putting God’s Love in Motion!
P E M C’s CORE VALUES
God has called us to love one another in authentic ways. In other words, let’s put God’s love in motion. We as the church seek to honour God by excelling in life under the direction of the Holy Spirit. These values serve as the basis for our identity as a congregation.
We Value Worshiping God. We encourage regular and intimate personal and corporate communion with God using various means (e.g. prayer, communion, giving, music) and various postures (e.g. hands raised, knees bowed) to express our devotion (Ps. 100, 150; Jn. 4:23-24; Rev. 4-5; Lk. 18:1-8; 1 Th. 5:17).
- We Value the Word of God. We submit to the lordship of Jesus Christ, Who is the living Word; and to the Bible, which is the written Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit. We seek to study and apply to life the Bible, and share it with others to do the same (Jn. 16:5-15; Col. 1:15-20; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Pet. 1:20-21).
- We Value Developing Disciples. We desire, as Christ’s ambassadors born of the Holy Spirit, to fulfil His mission of making disciples of all people, both locally and globally. Using mentoring and coaching, through personal interaction and small groups, we desire to disciple one another (Mt. 28:18-20; John 3:3-8; 2 Cor. 5:20; 1 Pet. 3:15; 2 Tim 2:2; tit. 1:1-4).
- We Value Loving Relationships. We wish to nurture authentic, loving relationships for each person who is part of PEMC, whether new or a long-standing member (Jn. 13:34; Rom. 12:10; 1 Th. 5:11; Gal. 6:2; Heb. 3:13, 10:24).
- We Value Serving People. We seek ways to meet the spiritual, emotional and physical needs of individuals and families, through relationships and various programs (Gal. 5:13; 1 Cor. 9:19-23; 2 Cor. 4:5; Dt. 6:6 – 7:2; 2 Tim. 1:5).
- We Value Biblical Stewardship. We endeavour to use all of our resources—time, money and talents—for God’s glory, being honest in all of our dealings, both personal and financial (Rom. 12:17; 2 Cor. 8:19-21; Heb. 13:18; 1 Th. 4:11-12).