Sooooo…I’m not actually sure what to share with you today. I talked about inheritance yesterday, which is the bulk of what you’ve read today, even the section about the cities of refuge and the cities for the Levites. I would venture to comment about the care of spiritual leaders, but I fear that it would seem self-seeking. It is something you will see as you move forward, you will also see how the priesthood abuses that care eventually (which just proves that some things don’t change).
The only other comment I would make is about the last tw0 verses of chapter 21.
43 So the Lord gave Israel all the land He had sworn to give their fathers, and they took possession of it and settled there. 44 The Lord gave them rest on every side according to all He had sworn to their fathers. None of their enemies were able to stand against them, for the Lord handed over all their enemies to them. 45 None of the good promises the Lord had made to the house of Israel failed. Everything was fulfilled.
If you have some verses to run to when it seems like God has no idea what’s going on in your world…add this to your list. “Everything was fulfilled.” Man, can you imagine when that statement is true for us as Christians! After Jesus has returned and we take up eternal residence in God’s Kingdom, that is what the final statement will be.
- What was familiar from this passage of scripture? What was something I already knew?
- What was new from this piece of scripture? What was something that really stood out for me that I have never paid attention to before?
- Does Jesus appear in this passage of scripture?
- How does this passage apply to my life, here and now? Do I need to do anything about it?
- What prayer would I offer up to God after reading this piece of scripture?
Tomorrow’s Reading: Joshua 22-24